Disney on Ice Worlds of Enchantment
The other night I had the opportunity to see Disney on Ice Worlds of Enchantment at the Honda Center in Orange County. My friend and her two kids also enjoyed the show with me. This show is amazing and entertaining for Disney fans of all ages. A magical show you won’t want to miss this holiday season!
The show starts with Mickey and Minnie making a grand entrance as they host the show by introducing playful scenes from some of your favorite Disney movies. Toy Story 3, The Little Mermaid, Cars, and Frozen are about to take the ice. Each story is told with such talent and grace from the ice skaters as they float and spin across the ice.
First up is Toy Story 3. Starting off in Andy’s room as he says goodbye to his toys before he leaves for college. Andy’s green army men march onto the ice followed by Buzz Lightyear, Barbie & Ken, Woody, Cowgirl Jessie, and the rest of the characters from Toy Story. They escape Lotso, the teddy bear at the Sunnyside Day Care.
Next, we were mesmerized by The Little Mermaid. Sebastian swims out looking for Ariel. She is with her one of her best pals Flounder. Then Ursula and Prince Eric make their appearances. It feels like you are actually under the sea as bubbles fall from the sky as they sing the song “Under the Sea.”
The Queen Mary’s CHILL: Alice in Winterland!
*We will be attending as media*
It’s that magical time of year! The Queen Mary’s 5th Annual CHILL returns to the majestic ship November 23, 2016 with a special opening night of festivities including the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, hosted by Pitch Perfect 2 star, Chrissie Fit, and Teen Choice Award nominee, New District, with help from Santa Claus. Open select dates through January 8, 2017 CHILL is Southern California’s coolest holiday adventure complete with ice-skating, ice tubing, swingin’ sleigh rides, visits with Santa, gingerbread decorating and the all-new interactive attraction, Alice in Winterland. I cannot wait to see everything that is new this year!
NOV. 23 OPENING NIGHT ACTIVITES:
- 3-7PM: Tune in to KOST 103.5FM’s holiday broadcast with Mark Wallengran live from CHILL
- 7PM: CHILL opens to the public
Experience the gift of giving and donate a toy to ABC7 and Firefighters Spark of Love Toy Drive at the ticket box office for 50% off of general admission ticket. Restrictions may apply.
- 7:30PM: Pitch Perfect 2 star, Chrissie Fit, and Teen Choice Award nominee, New District, hosts the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony with a special visit from Santa Claus
- 8:15-9PM: Autograph signing with Pitch Perfect 2 star, Chrissie Fit, and Teen Choice Award nominee, New District
Special Performance by 14 year old Olympic hopeful, Gia Kokotakis, Bronze Medalist in the 2015 United States Figure Skating National Championships on The Looking Glass ice skating rink
*Alice in Winterland–NEW!! Light up the night and follow The Queen down the rabbit hole this holiday season with the all-new interactive and digitally immersive attraction. A 14,000-square foot walk-through adventure. Experience larger than life lanterns as you venture with Alice and friends into the Hall of Doors, the White Rabbit’s Kitchen, Mad Hatter’s Work Shop, the infamous Tea Party, Hedge Maze, Caterpillar Garden and the newest addition to the beloved story, Queen of Diamonds.
*Glacier Glide Tubing Run! Grab a tube and barrel down the 150-foot, two-story .
*Magic Mushroom Martini Bar! NEW Experience!! A one-of-a-kind interactive bar with RFID technology featuring Winterland Vodka Flights and Magical Martinis in the all-new .
*Ice Skating! Lace up some ice skates and glide upon The Looking Glass Rink, a 6000 square foot outdoor ice skating rink under the stars.
Dark Harbor-Halloween Horror Aboard A Haunted Ship!
*I attended as media for purposes of this post. All thoughts and opinions remain my own*
It’s well into the Halloween season and Dark Harbor is my absolute favorite Halloween event that I look forward to attending every year. If you have not already been yet this season, make sure to put this at the top of your list of fun things to do to get into the Halloween spirit. If you have been, then you have probably already experienced everything I love so much about this horror filled experience.
From the darkest depths of your deepest hidden fears, Dark Harbor is resurrected this fall with a cast of sinister spirits ready to deliver another season of blood curdling terror. Live your nightmares aboard the haunted Queen Mary and join a horrific cast of ghouls, spirits, and undead for an unforgettable, frighteningly authentic haunted experience.
*Just a few of the horrific cast of ghouls, spirits, and undead that you will meet during your stay at Dark Harbor.*
Another season of terrifying mazes and inventive entertainment awaits you, all in a lively party atmosphere. Dark Harbor has plenty of bars, food, mazes, fun acts, and live music to keep you entertained all night long! First- let’s talk about what’s new for 2016!
New for 2016
- INTREPID: Do you dare go back to where it all began? Meet the mastermind, the creator and now the protector of the Queen Mary. The Iron Master has returned to reclaim the precious vessel he built, fiercely guarding it from the antics of the freaks and ghouls. Follow his maddening journey… if you dare step aboard.
- PANIC: A one-of- a-kind 4-D Virtual Maze Experience
- HEX Paintball Shooting Gallery- For $5 you get a gun full of paintballs and shoot at targets until it’s empty.
- Voodoo House features Happy Hour from 6 – 7 p.m. with potions and Tequila and Mezcal tasting flights
$5 Shots at the Voodoo House
Many of your favorite mazes will be returning with some fun twists.
- Circus: Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, and experience the world’s most horrifying circus! Face your greatest fears as you wander through a terrifying tent of terror. Disorienting illusions, maniacal magic acts, and a cadre of sideshow freaks are certain to shock, stun, and startle even the bravest of souls.
- Deadrise: Deadrise is a WWII escort ship that helped guide The Grey Ghost through enemy-infested waters. After a fatal crash during one of their dangerous voyages, Deadrise sank to the bottom and has been resting in her watery grave in the depths of the sea ever since. The wreckage of Deadrise has once again been called into service by the star of Dark Harbor, The Captain, to escort him and his armada of ghosts and monsters into a battle against the living to reclaim Dark Harbor
- Soulmate: Gale has been haunting Dark Harbor looking for a soul mate since her mysterious disappearance. A meandering maze of mystery, Soulmate is where Graceful Gale lures potential suitors with her charm. Beware of her minions, whose job it is to chop up her suitors and reassemble them into the perfect man. Once you’ve been smitten by Graceful Gale, there is no escaping…even after death!e.
- B340: What would drive a man to madness and murder? That’s the answer B340 attempts to answer as we take a schizophrenic sojourn into the psychotic mind of Samuel the Savage. Tight spaces, darkness mixed with flashing lights, and pulse-pounding noises would drive anyone to the brink of insanity. Beware the wrath of violence of Samuel the Savage and be careful not to lose your head or your mind!
- Lullaby- Scary Mary: Do you want to play? Scary Mary is back and looking for playmates. Ring around the rosy and a pocket full of nightmares. The new Lullaby maze takes the visitor on a spine-tingling trip through the story of little Scary Mary. Gone, but certainly not forgotten, Mary is looking for playmates to join her on the other side of hell. Will you succumb to the youngster’s pranks and tricks, or will you escape with your soul intact? The little girl is very real, and you go past the indoor swimming pool…the exact spot where she died.